A collaborative makeover for more engagement in the community.
I had the pleasure of working with a web team at the Rosemont Community Association (the one in Sacramento California) to collaboratively makeover this new and improved website and email newsletter.
Some highlights of the makeover:
- Moved site from GoDaddy’s Website Tonight to WordPress
- Customized the fully responsive Evolve theme to include a benefit-centered slideshow and calls to action: Become a member, find events, and Get the Newsletter.
- Sorted and sized images from their backlog of photos to use as featured images on posts.
- Implemented Modern Tribe’s Event Calendar to manage numerous events. Now followers can add these event to their calendar and access a Google map of the location.
- Integrated Paypal for membership and donation.
- Moved time-sensitive announcements into a blog/news section.
- Newly structured site map and content hierarchy.
- Simple slider of local sponsors.
- Took advantage of most of the Jetpack plugin features including forms for volunteer signups and new members and stats in the dashboard.
- Numerous photo albums of community events.
- Using Yoast SEO to boost search rankings.
- Multiple editors can now contribute to keep the site up to date.
Heres a peek at the old site. They had no system for updates so everything went on the homepage. It was really tough to get images online, so they didn’t have many. The old site was using tables to layout content into columns but it was not responsive to tablets or smartphones.